Summer Football is one of Football NSW’s popular off-season participation activities for both males and females, with junior and senior competitions conducted by a selection of sanctioned centres across NSW.
The MFA is excited to offer two venues for the upcoming 2022 Summer Football Season:
- Blinman Oval Harrow Road, Glenfield
- Lynwood Park, St Helens Park (Synthetic field)
The MFA Summer Football Competition is a 6-a-side format played on quarter fields.
Summer Football at Blinman Oval
The Competition commences on Thursday, 20 January and runs every Thursday night for 8 weeks, concluding with a Grand Final on Thursday, 10 March 2022.
Blinman Oval will host the following age groups:
First group of matches will kick-off at approximately 5pm.
- O30 Women
- O35 Men
First group of matches will kick-off at approximately 6:30pm.
Summer Football at Lynwood Park
The Competition commences on Friday, 21 January and runs every Friday night for 8 weeks, concluding with a Grand Final on Friday, 11 March 2022.
Lynwood Park will host the following age groups:
Lynwood Park is a licensed venue and the bar will be open for senior matches.
Junior fees are $90 per player.
We’ve elected NOT to accept the Active Kids Voucher for Summer Football.
Senior fees are $110 per player.
Complete the form below to reserve a spot for your team.
Teams are not confirmed until ALL players have registered and paid the registration fee in full.
Player registrations will commence shortly.
General Competition Information:
- Each competition will consist of no more than 8 teams.
- In the event of washouts, the MFA will exercise best endeavours to reschedule lost matches. In the event matches cannot be rescheduled a 0-0 draw will apply.
- Kick off times for the entire competition will be scheduled prior to the first match. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of your kick off times and know that these times cannot be changed at the team’s discretion, only by the MFA under extreme circumstances.
- Junior matches are 2 x 15 minute halves and senior matches are 2 x 20 minute halves.
- Each team is to organise their own playing kits (shirt, shorts, socks), ensuring the team is wearing the same colours. Kits must be numbered. MFA apparel partners Stanno offer a huge range of Summer Football kits to choose from. Click through to the Stanno online store to organise your kits today.
- Shin guards must be worn. Referees will not allow players to participate without them.
- Jewellery is not permitted to be worn under any circumstances.
All senior matches will be played with a revolutionary ball that has been designed specifically for summer football. This ball is slightly smaller than an outdoor ball and larger than a Futsal ball. The intention for this ball is to keep it in play longer and able players to make more passes without losing any match time chasing balls.
Individual Expression of Interest
If you are interested in playing, but do not have a team, please complete the form below and we will endeavour to assist you.
COVID Safe Procedures:
Please note the COVID Safe Procedures for the MFA Summer Football competitions. The below are subject to amendment following any alteration/update from the NSW Government and subsequent guidelines for Community Sport activities.
- As a condition of entry, the following restrictions and procedures will apply as part of the MFA COVID Safe policy:
- Players and/or Parent/Guardian to check-in at each venue using the provided QR code (each matchday)
- Hand sanitiser to be used before entry and on exit of venue
- Maintain social distancing requirements
- Before participating in Football activities, you should not attend if in the past 14 days you have:
- Been unwell or had any flu-like symptoms
- Been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- Any sudden loss of smell or loss of taste
- Are at high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical health conditions.