Following five years of service, General Manager of the Macarthur Football Association, Salv Carmusciano, has tendered his resignation and will depart the chair on Friday, 29 September 2023.
Carmusciano joined the MFA following leadership roles with Football Australia and Football Victora, and has worked closely with the Board to set a direction for Football in Macarthur and improve the overall functioning of the Association.
Since joining the Association in November 2018, Carmusciano has played a key role in several key deliverables (despite the challenges of a global pandemic and the ‘Big Wet’), including:
• Leading constitutional reform, marking the start of a new era for the Association and its members;
• Launching an independent review of all Competitions, leading to initiatives such as the local M-SAP League, South-West Sydney Super League, and a repurposed M-League competition;
• Launching the Football for Women and Girls Strategic Plan and delivering initiatives to grow the Girls Game such as Girl’s-Only MiniRoos, a thriving Women’s M-League competition, and establishing Female Freidnly local clubs;
• Working closely with local clubs and Government agencies to secure funds and deliver improvement works across many facilities across Macarthur;
• Improving services to coaches, following the review of coach and player development;
• Introduction of the Squadi Competition Management solution; and
• Overseeing record participation, surpassing 11,300 players in 2023, including a record 2,200+ female players.
Carmusciano paid tribute to the MFA Board of Directors and Macarthur’s local clubs for the game’s standing as the number one sport in the region.
“The Macarthur Football Family is blessed to have so many passionate and skilled volunteers that operate the local club network. One can only be in awe of their contribution. It has been a privilege to serve the community alongside some very talented people both within the MFA office and in the Boardroom. I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Macarthur, and I thank you all for the opportunity”.
“It’s simply time for me to handover the reigns and allow someone else the chance to have an impact as the General Manager. It’s an exciting period for Macarthur and it’s important the Association isn’t caught flatfooted”.
Carmusciano will see-out the 2023 season and be on hand during the Association’s key end-of-season events, including the M-League Awards night, MiniRoos Gala Days, and the 2023 Grand Final Series.
MFA Chairman Darcy Lound thanked Carmusciano for his contribution to Football in Macarthur.
The MFA will shortly commence the process of recruiting for a new GM.